Wednesday 18 May 2011

SASHIMI-HOLIC!!

Helo everyone...I'm here today to confess..."I'm a SASHIMI-HOLIC" & I enjoy every bit of being one 
(^-^)

My kids says Im 'Predictable' when it comes to where I wanna eat comes..birthdays, Mother's Day or any special occasions. I must admit they are quite bored of having Japanese every special occasion but I'm never bored and they smilingly pleases me each time (thanks kids...\(^3^)/ )
And where other than my favourite joint ~ Sakae Sushi www.sakaesushi.com.my. Eventhough there is no Sakae Sushi Branch here in my hometown we don't really mind travelling all the way to Prai or Penang just to enjoy the delicious menu that they have to offer, and each time we always come back satisfied =)

Just for those who don't really know what Sashimi really is, SASHIMI (Japanese: 刺身) is a Japanese delicacy. It primarily consists of very fresh raw seafood, sliced into thin pieces, and served with a dipping sauce (usually soy sauce with wasabi paste or grated fresh ginger), and shredded radish. Many different kinds of fresh fish and seafood are served raw in the Japanese cuisine. Sashimi, while similar to sushi, is distinct for its absence of vinigered rice. When slices of fish are served on top of a small ball of rice, it is called nigiri sushi.

Some of the most popular main ingredients for sashimi are:
  • Salmon ( Sake) ~ My all-time favourite (^-^)b
  • Squid (いか Ika)
  • Shrimp (えび Ebi)
  • Tuna (まぐろ Maguro)
  • Mackerel (さば Saba)
  • Octopus (たこ Tako)
  • Fatty Tuna (とろ Toro)
  • Yellowtail (はまち Hamachi)
  • Scallop (ほたて貝 Hotate-gai)
Some sashimi ingredients, like octopus are sometimes served cooked because of its chewy nature. Most seafood, such as tuna, salmon, and squid, are served raw.


Looks so tempting dosen't it?? Just writing about it makes me hungry..lol 
Why don't you go and have a try ...and who knows..you'll turn out to be a SASHIMI-HOLIC...just like ME \(^-^)/


LET'S GO !!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment